PO Box 191
Eastchester, NY 10709
Board of Directors
THE 7th EDITION OF THE EASTCHESTER 5K IS GOING VIRTUAL
We hope you and your loved ones are safe and well during these unprecedented
times. Knowing that the next few months are a bit unknown, our race committee has made the official but necessary decision to hold this year’s Eastchester 5K virtually.
What does this mean? This means you can run the Eastchester 5K anywhere while following the latest social distancing guidelines as we continue to try to mitigate the Covid19 virus.
You will run your 5K between 6am on 9/25 and 11pm on 9/27 keeping track of your own time. After completing your 5K you will upload your results.
This year any monies donated during registration by clicking the donate button will be distributed to the Eastchester CAP Food Pantry. In addition to monetary donations we are asking runners to help support the Eastchester CAP Food Pantry by dropping off a non-perishable food item or hygiene product on Saturday September 26th from 10am to 1pm at the Eastchester Library.
Register by 9/20 and you will receive a printable bib to wear on the day. Track and upload your results (you will get detailed instructions as we get closer to 5K day) and results will be posted online. This is not a competitive event but a community event to provide continuity (for those that have run every year) camaraderie and a fun goal to keep you motivated. That being, said you will be able to see how you stack up against your friends.
This year’s event will be no frills with no shirts or prizes but we do hope you make a donation to support a great cause if you can. We are keeping the entry to just $10 to cover some administrative costs.
How it works:
- Register online at https://runsignup.com/race/ny/eastchester/virtualeastchester5kfor2020
- Donate to this year’s charity - Eastchester CAP Food Pantry by clicking the donate button and/or dropping a food item at the Eastchester Library on Saturday, September 26th between 10am and 1pm.
- Encourage friends and family to join you!
- Run or walk the 5K race at a time and place of your choosing between September 25th and 27th
- POST, TAG, SHARE! Take a photo and post to Eastchester 5K Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/eastchester5k/.
- Upload your results to RunSignUp using the link provided when you registered.
- We look forward to seeing your pictures and hearing your 5K stories and we look forward to the day we can all line up together and race.
Thanks for joining us for the 2019 Eastchester 5K!
Thanks to Michael Goldstein, Dean Schepisi and
Kyle Tsang for the above video!
Jim Martin titled the video below as "Friends" and that's the great thing about the Eastchester 5K - a community event filled with old and new friends!
Courtesy of Jim Martin